There are many reasons to have an auction—namely when you’ve got high-value items or larger lots that may garner interest from buyers. Whatever the situation, Fairbanks Auction Company, LLC is here to help you set up and execute an auction. We offer both on-site auctioneer services, as well as online auctions and other services such as estate sales.
While large equipment and car auctions in Fairbanks, AK typically take place in person, many auctions often fare better in an online capacity. We frequently hold online auctions that garner bigger audiences and a more diverse range of bidders, to ensure your lots are getting maximum exposure.
Some of the items we frequently bring to online auction include firearms (handguns, shotguns, ammo, hunting rifles), bulk estate items, antiques and miscellaneous lots that are deemed to have value, such as furniture or décor items.
If you’ve got items that are too big to list online or specific lots that may have appeal to certain industries or professions, an on-site auction is a smart choice. We’ll come to your location to run the complete auction—including calling it. We typically work estate sales and equipment auctions in Fairbanks, AK in this capacity.
When we work on-site auctions, you can rest assured the entire affair is being handled by a seasoned professional. We get everyone involved and keep the bidding rolling, encouraging attendees to have a good time and boosting the overall success of your auction!
A FEW AUCTION BASICS
A few suggestions to help you not only bid successfully, but to enjoy the auction experience:
- Pack the items you’ll need before you leave for the auction. Some suggestions: A pen and paper
- Dress comfortably. Remember, it might be hot/cold outside but the air conditioning/heat might be working overtime
- Save a seat before you look at the preview. Popular auctions fill up fast, and you will want to be close to the front if you are
bidding. This is one time where it’s good to be the teacher’s pet.
- Ask what types of payment are accepted, if the auction house charges a buyer’s premium and inquire about hauling/delivery
concerns before you bid.
- Don’t bid on anything you don’t examine in the preview. Unless you really, really want to.
- 6. Pay attention! Make sure you know what item number is being bid on at all times, or else you might end up taking home that 1972 Formica table instead of that 1850 antique one.
- Raise your hand (or paddle) to bid. Once you’ve been acknowledged, further bids on an item can be made by a nod of the head, etc. Don’t worry; sneezing won’t accidentally put you into the poor house.
- If you’re traveling to the auction, make sure you have a way to get the items you purchase packed properly and home with you.
step guide will show you just how easy it is to find, scout and participate in
a live auction in you.
- Find an auction– Check back often to find an auction that features your interests or needs.
- Preview the auction– We have previews the day before, and occasionally, the day of the auction.
- Arrive early– On the day of the auction, try and get there early enough to register and get a good seat. It not only important for you to be able to see the auctioneer, but for the auctioneer to be able to see you.
- Inspect Carefully– inspect any items you’re interested in. Are they damaged? Do you see other people looking at the same items? How much competition does it look like you’re
- Set a price– What are you willing to bid? You should have a number in mind, so you don’t go way over your budget in the heat of the moment. Don’t forget to include your total costs, like repairs and decorations. Use the bidder’s package you were given—if you were given one—at registration.
- Bid Have fun!– Carefully follow the auction and get a feel for who you’re bidding against. And remember, the maximum bid you’re willing to make is just that; a maximum. Don’t jump to that number unless it’s necessary. You might very well get the item you want for much less.
- Pay– If you win, find the Bookkeeper or Clerk and take care of your bill.
- Enjoy!– Remember, bubble wrap is your friend.
Your All-in-One Auction Experts
Whether you’ve got automobiles and equipment to auction off or you’re someone in search of a rare collectable through auction, Fairbanks Auction Company, LLC is here to serve you. Come to us to set up and host your next auction or to participate in an upcoming one. We can be reached at 907-458-7500 for more information about the auction process or scheduled events.